Yes, that wasn't fair. I was looking forward to my Little Sisters Tess and all of the sudden Marisol comes out! I don't think the LEs should come out a few days after Christmas. Can't they wait until the middle of January or something?
When do you think AG will release their next Limited Edition doll? Marisol was released on December 27th and I wasn't really happy that it happened so soon after Christmas. It seemed to me that my daughter's attention was redirected from her Christmas doll to the brand new doll just released. I know that other Moms felt the same way. I keep thinking about writing a letter to AG, but I'm sure if they've already planned a release date it won't matter.
Any thoughts?
Yes, that wasn't fair. I was looking forward to my Little Sisters Tess and all of the sudden Marisol comes out! I don't think the LEs should come out a few days after Christmas. Can't they wait until the middle of January or something?
I know exactly what you mean. I'd like to see the next LE maybe fall '06, or even Christmas "06, I just want some time to bond with Elizabeth, and have my wallet recover, lol
Dear God, if they release a new LE and a new friend doll every year, we're all gonna go broke! [img]eek.gif[/img]
- Becca
I don't know that LE's are actually 2 years apart. Kailey sold out last summer and Marisol was released barely six months later. Also - Nellie (friend doll) was released officially in September and then Marisol (LE) in December. This is definitely Mattel's Barbie mentality.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL! 100% true! I really hope they don't do that. Once every 2 or 3 years is fine with me. As for the next LE, I would like her to be a Jewish Immigrant during the Holocaust. She lost her parents, (they were probably killed) and she went to live with her relative (aunt, uncle, grandma, etc.) in the US where she would be safe from all the things going on in Germany. Of course, she would be named Rebecca, because AG already filed a trademark for that name. I think it would be cute if she had a little bit longer than shoulder length, loose curly brown hair, honey brown eyes, and light skin. She would be so cute!Originally posted by Becca B.:
Dear God, if they release a new LE and a new friend doll every year, we're all gonna go broke! [img]eek.gif[/img]
- Becca
[img]smile.gif[/img]
From Molly-Felicity; This is definitely Mattel's Barbie mentality.
I couldnt agree more. This is sad because I just got back into collecting, but I think I may finish up with Felicity and Addy, get Kirsten and Josie as always planned and just leave it at that. Im truly and deeply disappointed, not to mention angry, over their complete disregard for their customers and how greedy the company is. Yes I understand that they are a business and are going to to do what it takes to stay in the market and make money, but AG had never been hurting for customers. They have changed the goal of the dolls and its more about collecting every piece as soon as its released so you dont miss out. Just look at the catalogue, gone are most of the girls accesories. All you see are their dresses. Gone are the old descriptions of their books too. The majority of accessories are the modern objects for the AGTs. Wasn't this company supposed to be about giving girls an interest in history and making it come alive? Thats pretty hard to do when you only market the latest, limited time only, dress in the catalogues young girls are looking at. The history aspect is nearly lost. Sure the girls can still get it if they read the books or go online, but how many do you think are actually doing that? I dont have kids so I really can't say. Id be happy to be surprised. Im sure many of you here make sure your daughters get historical aspect, but do you think other mothers do? The ones who see only the catalogues and from there think; geez, what expensive dolls, and for what?
Sorry for the long rant, had to get it off my chest to people that could understand. And Mattel will be hearing from me about it. Im considering writing a letter and sending it around for everyone to sign if they so choose. The more people they know they have upset, the better.
Just reread this, sorry I went so off subject too!
<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ May 26, 2005 11:16 AM: Message edited by: shortie421 ]</font></font>
[img]redface.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 26, 2005 11:17 AM: Message edited by: shortie421 ]</font>
If your Rebecca is from the 1940s she would be a historical doll.
I completely agree with you on this! I think a letter should be written. If it doesn't help this year, maybe next year anyway.
The next LE wouldnt be released until 2007 anyway, right? I thought LEs were typically two years apart, or close to it. So writing a letter about this years release date might not be entirely useless.
For the record, I also felt Marisol's release was way to close to Christmas. Releasing her around Valentine's day or so would have been a much better time. That was Mattels way of trying to keep the holiday cash flow going IMO.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 26, 2005 12:34 AM: Message edited by: shortie421 ]</font>
Bookmarks